We already knew we had special coaching staff

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Bryan Norrie finally at home

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/bryan ... 5884535494

WITH his confidence "shot" after being sacked by Cronulla last season Bryan Norrie was set to become a part-time footballer and full-time electrician in Wagga.

But the worm has certainly turned for the journeyman prop who is now one of Melbourne Storm's top three priorities to re-sign for next season.

The 26-year-old's asking price is unlikely to break the bank too, good news for club officials trying to get back under the salary cap.

Norrie's recent form has indicated that pay - he's on the NRL minimum of $55,000 plus match payments - doesn't necessarily reflect his performances either.

Maybe that's because he's been playing for his footballing life but Norrie said his efforts are the result of receiving the right coaching.

"When I thought my (NRL) career was over and I was heading to the bush, I didn't think I was ready to retire but I thought if I had any chance of resurrecting my career the best place to do it would be under Craig Bellamy," Norrie said."He puts a lot of time and effort into players. He does a lot of video and work to find things that will improve your game. He's got a reputation for bringing out a player's best.

"He is very approachable too and if you are willing to learn his door is always open and you know you can go in and have a yarn to him about how to improve."

Norrie, who has also had stints with St George Illawarra and Penrith, is a feel good story in a year in which there have been few at Storm.

Against South Sydney in Perth tonight Norrie will make his ninth consecutive starting appearance, against the biggest forward pack in the NRL. But he won't be out of his depth.

Norrie said Bellamy and his coaching staff had helped restore confidence in a footballer who felt he had more to give.

"My confidence was shot last year to be honest and you are not going to play good footy unless you have confidence in yourself," he said.

"Moving has been a blessing. I think I am playing the best football of my career.

"I also feel like I have more to offer. I'd love to stay here in Melbourne and hopefully that can happen."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

great read, I knew we'd get the best out of him P
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

reason to choose melbourne ahead of all other offers...plus sydney culture (league) looks like a minefield
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Chip wrote: reason to choose melbourne ahead of all other offers...plus sydney culture (league) looks like a minefield cesspool
reworked for accuracy.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I was being polite.  From the outside looking in (aka Kiwi) you're pretty accurate...
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Definately the feel good story of the year.

I love these rags to Good footballer stories. :D
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
brewer
Squall
Squall

Noa Nadruku wrote: great read, I knew we'd get the best out of him P
noa, do i need to drag out the  posts from you earlier in the year when you accuse me of being his wife/gf/mother because i said bellamy would turn him around???
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

brewer wrote:
noa, do i need to drag out the  posts from you earlier in the year when you accuse me of being his wife/gf/mother because i said bellamy would turn him around???
I'm thinking Noa forgot the : in :P

.... as in tounge (firmly) in check.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brewer wrote:

I know nuthink  ;-)
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Chip wrote: reason to choose melbourne ahead of all other offers...plus sydney culture (league) looks like a minefield cesspool
reworked for accuracy.
I love your work BR..so witty and accurate :D
Thor19
Squall
Squall

How many players that were on the scrap heap came to Storm and have been turned around?
Bryan Norrie; Ryan Tandy,  Brett White (dragons reserve grader); Ben Cross; Brett Finch; Steve Turner; Clint Newton;

How many juniors have come through and been great players?
Slater; Cronk; Smith; Inglis; Hoffman; Blair; Sika; Johnson;

How many of the new crops of juniors will become superstars?
Duffie; Widdrop; O'Neill; Kelly and the young victorian who got selected for Australia

Thats where the stregth of the Storm is - regardless of what punishments are handed down!
must make clubs like Parra-doesn't-matter jealous!
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.