Team to maul souths

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Inglis
5. O'Neill
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith (c)
10. White
11. Blair
12. Manu
13. Proctor

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Lowrie
16. Tolman
17. Lima

18th Man: Kostjasyn

Source: http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=team
Last edited by 1999 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suprised to see GI named, I thought he'd be long-odds to play this week.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And you have to laugh at the NRL spin machine for still pushing the "Evil Melbourne Storm" line.
Why Melbourne could Storm on Souths' parade

I especially like the way they throw this in.
This year it could be argued that they’re even more dangerous simply because they have nothing to lose – an attitude bolstered by an extra $700,000 worth of playing talent over every other team.
Are they REALLY inferring that players suddenly become super human if you discover,(think) they are payed more than you thought :lol:
Didn't seem to bother the teams that have beaten Melbourne so far.
Or does this mean their players must be getting paid more ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What happens when Hoffy comes back?  Sika & Blairy is a pretty awesome back row.  Can one of Hoffy, Sika or Blairy play lock maybe?  And what happens when Quinny comes back?  Duffman & O'neil seems our best combo to me.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blairy can and I think will play lock - he did for the Kiwis in the 4 Nations. 
I think Quinn will be squeezed out
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching Sika on the left with GI is a joy (scary for other teams) compared to watching Hoffs ineffectivenss. I could post the stats but theyre not very flattering to Ryan considering Sika has played half the games.

Also interesting to hear Bellayche say that Proc will be considered mainly as a lock from now on, or at least at his best in the middle third of the field.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Hey Bourbon.

Agree with you totally about the waste of space article.  Had to laugh when I read it as well, it looks like News Ltd journalists are now writing for NRL - but what am I saying, I forgot, News Ltd and the NRL are one and the same!!

I can guarantee that whatever 17 players take the field will be under the $4.1m cap (same as every other team)!!  At which point it doesn't matter who has the more expensive players because it's 17 on 17.

The article must also mean, by inference, that if the Roosters had at least $700K worth of talent on the park, more than us the other week, then they were cheating also?

For the article to ring true, then each 17 must be of equal value when they take the field?  Not one dollar more!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Cronulla started to pay their players above the cap, do you think they'll win a grand final?
You had me at meat tornado.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote: If Cronulla started to pay their players above the cap, do you think they'll win a grand final?
Haha for starters they cant even afford to breach it! The reason their so far under is because they have next to no money. LOL
Clancy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Freshy wrote:
absentee wrote: If Cronulla started to pay their players above the cap, do you think they'll win a grand final?
Haha for starters they cant even afford to breach it! The reason their so far under is because they have next to no money. LOL
(From a relative of a current Sharks player - not me!) The board are forcing the selectors to play the highest paid players first regardless of form. Not really up to date with their list but can't see it making much difference anyway. The only effect would be on the morale of the players.
It's Storm season.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

For seconds, Sharkies would need a good coach!! 
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Haha, like it... if it were only that easy.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

heard a whisper a centre or winger (not sure which one) was hurt in a training incident and didnt travel with the team
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any updates on this ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nuh the person i was talking about spaind their ankle but has travelled it was no big deal
Last edited by sallymay on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP