What happened to Luke McDougall?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

While young O'Neill had a scorcher of a game, I never heared what happened with Luke.  Is he injured or did he get dropped? 
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We were saying that the MacDougall passenger train had LEFT THE STATION.........and that the O'Neill express was JUST ARRIVING.

Doesn't explain what happened to him...but it sums up the future on the left wing I think very nicely.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It really would be in the best interests of all parties if Luke left now. He's shown he's not finished so youd think there would be a club out there, here or the UK, who would pick him up. Howver lets not forget Quinny WILL come back into the team so Justin will be going back to NSW cup this round or the next.

BTW Dane Chisholm is banging on the door very hard for a debut, wuold love to see him get a go soon.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There would also be a strong temptation to play Widdop out there just to have him in the side.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would assume he was dropped.  He hasn't been real good in the last few weeks, and I'm scared everytime the opposition put one in the air to his wing.
I would assume Quinn will potentially be let go for next year as he is on a fair bit of coin for a winger I believe, so could be a fair chunk of cash saved.  Duffie has sewn up a wing spot I'd have thought too - really like the kid!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Quinn will be gone next year I think. Widdop maybe too from what Ive been hearing. The only sport Widdop could fill in FG is not five eigth and he isnt really a class five eigth, thats Dane Chisholms spot  ;D
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote: Quinn will be gone next year I think. Widdop maybe too from what Ive been hearing. The only sport Widdop could fill in FG is not five eigth and he isnt really a class five eigth, thats Dane Chisholms spot  ;D
Interesting, if we can keep Billy and Greg Id actually prefer Dane over Gareth.

I think he keeps a side moving forward much better then Gareth from 6, though Gareth does have cleaner passing game atm.

HOWEVAH, if we must choose between Billy and GI, I choose Greg which would mean Gareth must be retained (only warming the spot for Pele though  ;-) ).
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
Freshy wrote: Quinn will be gone next year I think. Widdop maybe too from what Ive been hearing. The only sport Widdop could fill in FG is not five eigth and he isnt really a class five eigth, thats Dane Chisholms spot  ;D
Interesting, if we can keep Billy and Greg Id actually prefer Dane over Gareth.

I think he keeps a side moving forward much better then Gareth from 6, though Gareth does have cleaner passing game atm.

HOWEVAH, if we must choose between Billy and GI, I choose Greg which would mean Gareth must be retained (only warming the spot for Pele though  ;-) ).
Haha I like your mode of thought  :P Gareth is more a support runner 6 where as Dane has some playmaking ability. It will be interesting to see what the deal is with Luke Kelly and whether he may get at shot at the spot. But I do believe Widdop may be on the move if not this year then definately at the end of 2011.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

So what's the story on Widdop?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Kelly could be our next five eight. He's ready to go imo.
We seem to have really good depth in the halves
department.
Another thing, watching the game on Saturday on fox, I noticed Cronk didn't appear to happy. He's usually very pumped when the teams winning but he hardly cracked a smile. Lol, I'm just paranoid, I immediately started thinking the worst.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote: So what's the story on Widdop?
He's too good to hang around if he wants to play FB, thats the story.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He has stated that he is happy to wait his turn at the Storm though to learn off Billy - it was in the article after his England debut.

Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote: He has stated that he is happy to wait his turn at the Storm though to learn off Billy - it was in the article after his England debut.
But everyone says that  :laugh: haha, no but in all seriousness Morseau is our next fullback. Widdop will be on the move.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The other thing with Widdop is that what the jokes were about Duffie...