Can anyone tell me the reason given for the Cowbells being confiscated?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Steve didn't have a cow bell - he had a little tinkly one :-)
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Basically they can do what they like under this clause:
Any other item that in the opinion of MOPT management could cause harm or public nuisance
It really sucks....

I am flat out at the moment but can anyone
write a basic civil email, only a few paragraphs long, post it on here for people that
wish to  - can copy and paste and add their support to having the cowbells and
potentially the banners made exempt from the stupid MOPT list?  Please keep it civil
but to the point outlining the hardship the Melbourne supporters have
gone through this year..... the history and that they were fine to be used
at Olympic Park - please explain why the rules have now changed.

I know we dont have much hope at the moment but figure if at least 50 of us sent emails/phones to
Storm and also MOPT then at least we gave it a shot.... if you have several email accounts then send it from
all the accounts you have..... but understand that this is MOPT issue and not Storm fault....

info@melbournestorm.com.au and  enquiries@mopt.vic.gov.au
or phone  Tel: + 61 3 9286 1600 or  Fax: + 61 3 9650 3256
Last edited by StormFront on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I've already sent an email to MOPT and plan on ringing the Storm on Monday as well as voicing my displeasure here and on FB.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

simo wrote: Verbal abuse at them. Hand signs. Chanting at them. They didnt make the rules. And they also help keep ppl safe when needed. I thought it was very poor form of the ppl that carried on this way.
I was sitting just a few rows from where it happened, and it appeared to me that much of the abuse was actually directed at the security goon who took the cowbells. Not at the police, who IMO didn't even need to be there anyway.
simo wrote: it was abit odd that half a dozen police came into the stands just to take cowbells away because the stadium doesnt allow musical instruments.

The police went to two differents sections in that aisle of the crowd. and to 2 groups of ppl.

I smell a scuffle.
There was no "scuffle" that I could see (and I had a very good view), and nobody was in any danger whatsoever. It was just a few (admittedly boisterous) supporters cheering their team on!

Unfortunately, it seems the MOPT suddenly have a pineapple up their arses about it all (which they didn't at OP) :roll:

Methinks it's time to pay a visit to the nearest music shop ;)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How bout we all go out and buy the bags of bells and sew them on to our flags that will stuff em up
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

mystormboys wrote: How bout we all go out and buy the bags of bells and sew them on to our flags that will stuff em up
:lol: :lol:

and bags of whistles
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Hi all - I, along with the two other cowbell-ists (?? ;) ) are very grateful for the support we got from the confiscation of our cowbells. I for one was gutted when we got them taken off us but my mate and I took immediate action and went to storm man and asked him to bring the bell over to the thundersqaud and give it a loud ring. At the end of the game, the security who took the cowbells off us, returned them, and he said, as I quote "We lima lima lima duck up, were sorry, bring them back". So I feal the issue has been partly resolved, although I will still make a complaint to the storm about how the security/police treated us. They gave us no reason apart from "we were told to take them off you". I must say I feel naked without the cowbell.

Like I said we are really grateful for the support, in particular when the entire stand was chanting "We want the bell back". More emails should still be sent  in regards to the rules being thrown around at this new stadium. But I can assure you, the cowbells will be back next game!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think one disapointing thing that people have not mentioned is due no no faults of the fans or players the attention of the c rowd was totally taken away from the game for the last ten minutes of the first half. It was more like being in bay 13 at the cricket then at a storm game
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cowbell-Mark wrote: Hi all - I, along with the two other cowbell-ists (?? ;) ) are very grateful for the support we got from the confiscation of our cowbells. I for one was gutted when we got them taken off us but my mate and I took immediate action and went to storm man and asked him to bring the bell over to the thundersqaud and give it a loud ring. At the end of the game, the security who took the cowbells off us, returned them, and he said, as I quote "We *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ed up, were sorry, bring them back". So I feal the issue has been partly resolved, although I will still make a complaint to the storm about how the security/police treated us. They gave us no reason apart from "we were told to take them off you". I must say I feel naked without the cowbell.

Like I said we are really grateful for the support, in particular when the entire stand was chanting "We want the bell back". More emails should still be sent  in regards to the rules being thrown around at this new stadium. But I can assure you, the cowbells will be back next game!
Did someone complain about it being a disruption?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nows the time for the Vuvuzela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote: Nows the time for the Vuvuzela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Was thinking the exact same thing!
Storm 4 Life~
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Anyone who brings a vuvuzela will find it shoved so far up their arse that it would make noise when they farted ;)

But seriously that would do no favours :P
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just read on a guys facebook thingy.. he said security said they had the cowbells taken away because they arnt allowed at the Melbourne Victory games but security didnt know they were allowed at the Storm games.
AS it was the Victory security advisor who was working that night.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

simo wrote: I just read on a guys facebook thingy.. he said security said they had the cowbells taken away because they arnt allowed at the Melbourne Victory games but security didnt know they were allowed at the Storm games.
AS it was the Victory security advisor who was working that night.
THAT'S BULLSHIT !
The same woman has been head gestapo at MOPT for about the last 6 years.
And she would outrank ANY so called 'advisor',since she sits in the control room overseeing the camera surveillance.Maybe after some moron at the football sets off a few flares.SHE may want to reconsider her heavy handed approach to rugby league fans.

The early warning signs were there when early on 'security' told two kids they couldn't wave their THUNDERSQUAD flags over the fence because "It obstructed the advertising"  :roll:

A word of advise to any MOPT people that happen to visit here.
If you treat peaceful fans like enemies you stand a great chance of initiating a war you cannot win.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

No not the same women whos been there for 6 years. She had nothing to do with it. It was the Vicotry security advisor who gave the order on the night.
So ive read.