NYC 2010

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will keep a close on eye on Lucas Grech on Monday if I get there early enough. Really like the look of him and his ability to get cheap meteres out of d/h is terrific, something Jake Hawkins is probably too slow to exploit and an area that has punished us bigtime when we dont have the ball.

Maybe a bit short at 172cm but he's solid enough @ 80kg.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Vico Boy U20 Fullback well done son! :D 
Last edited by The Mauritian on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just thought Id point out just under 33% of the starting side are Victorians.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:( What is happening here - something is fundamentally wrong... is it the coaching? the game plan? lack of self-belief? Did anyone see the game & if so what are your thoughts? At this stage of the comp should there be so many errors, uncompleted sets? There's been little stability in this team to my mind - are they being sacrificed to getting a result in the NSW cup?  I know they have some young fellas out this week but this isn't just about this week.  Is this symptomatic of where the club is at re all the crap happening?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote: :( What is happening here - something is fundamentally wrong... is it the coaching? the game plan? lack of self-belief? Did anyone see the game & if so what are your thoughts? At this stage of the comp should there be so many errors, uncompleted sets? There's been little stability in this team to my mind - are they being sacrificed to getting a result in the NSW cup?  I know they have some young fellas out this week but this isn't just about this week.  Is this symptomatic of where the club is at re all the crap happening?
Its the coaching if you ask me.

Very basic forward play, their next crisp backline movement will be their first, not much of a a tactical kicking game, poor defensive structure around the ruck, continually overlooking talented & needed players like Maile and Stuart.

Why the frig they thought Pay, whos hasnt done anything as a coach would be a good teacher for these young kids I'll never know.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NYC
1 Brayden Wiliame
2 Eddie Faamausili
3 Mahe Fonua
4 Kirisome Avuaa
5 Josh Jerome
6 Ben Hampton
7 Maipele Morseu
8 Rulon Nutira
9 Jake Hawkins
10 Mitchel Johnson
11 Ken Bromwich
12 Tohu Harris
13 Blake Leary [c]

14 Lucas Grech
15 Sam Martin
16 Jordan McLean
17 Jarome Wilson

Coach: Krusty the Klown

I suspected they might move Maipele to the halves, not a fan of Wiliame back at Fb but what choice do we have though. I think Pele  will play more 6 then 7 though, worked in SG Ball. Still cant work out his love-affair with Johnson and Nutira and his continual ommision of Theo Stuart and Pita Maile.

Bout time he got Bromwich starting.

Edited to add bit harsh on Mitchell he's been OK.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

how can lucas start at 9 and be on the bench at the same time
lol he is good but he aint that good
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: how can lucas start at 9 and be on the bench at the same time
lol he is good but he aint that good
ctrl c + v thats how  :P.

Mind you I wish there was 2, not really a big fan of Hawkins work this year
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The big problem seems to be that there are 17 individuals out there who ALL want to be game breakers.
No willingness to pass,no forward thinking,no structure & that's just their attack.
In defence it seems to be - Not my area - you get it  ](*,)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote: The big problem seems to be that there are 17 individuals out there who ALL want to be game breakers.
No willingness to pass,no forward thinking,no structure & that's just their attack.
In defence it seems to be - Not my area - you get it  ](*,)
I dont think its that they all want to be  the game-breaker (well apart from Bleake Leary). Its either they dont know what to do out there or what theyre being taught is that basic and rudimentary that oposition teams shut them down so quickly in attack and our ruck defecne is very poor, which is a technical thing that should be corrected in in time. It isnt.

Both indictments on the coaching.

PS. The one thing I will say is that being so young the players arent as physically strong as other teams, which really hurts us in the ruck battle.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NSW beat Qld U18 but apparently Maipele Morseu carved up.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kiri Avuaa got 2 tries as well. Well done to the Storms representation, must have enjoyed playing in a well coached side.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

28-28 draw with cowboys.  Great comeback we were 28-10 down with 15 minutes to go.  Maipele is definately a player of the future.  Great try celebrations at the end.  Go Storm
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

great comeback by the young-fellas, ive been talking about him but you all saw today how good pele morseu is.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Some stats:

M. Fonua 157m 1 linebreak 18 tackles 3 missed
M.Johnson 154m 43 tackles 0 missed
K. Bromwich 115m 1 linebreak 13 tackles 0 missed 1 try
M.Morseau 2 trys 2 linebreaks 23 tackles 1 missed