Seating allocation

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront wrote: Got my seat allocation in Bay 72 but really hard to know exactly were it is
until we get a floor plan of the seating numbers and rows....
Shouldn't be too hard ? The rows & numbers are on the bottom of the Email
Rows run front to back
Seat numbers run clockwise
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very very  happy with mine Bay 6 Row G
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hrm, Bay 28 as I asked but Row H, I was hoping a bit further back and closer to the 40 metre line.

Guess I'll just have to wait til my birthday to find out what my allocation is like.
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

Yes, we got our seating allocation by email yesterday. NOT HAPPY AT ALL

After having premium memberships for 11 years Western Stand 50 metre line Olympic Park we have been given  seats on the 10 metre line and they are premium. We were promised equivalent seats but they haven't given them to us.  If they don't correct this we will cancel our PREMIER SEATS for GA and there are 16 of us in the group booking so it will be their loss.
Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

stormdolls wrote: Yes, we got our seating allocation by email yesterday. NOT HAPPY AT ALL

After having premium memberships for 11 years Western Stand 50 metre line Olympic Park we have been given  seats on the 10 metre line and they are premium. We were promised equivalent seats but they haven't given them to us.  If they don't correct this we will cancel our PREMIER SEATS for GA and there are 16 of us in the group booking so it will be their loss.
So I'm guessing you wont be sending Shannon flowers like you did for me back in 2002?  ;D   They really have stuffed up so many long time members haven't they.....  :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ah Tigger - It's not about 'long term members' anymore now is it
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormdolls wrote: Yes, we got our seating allocation by email yesterday. NOT HAPPY AT ALL

Geez that's shit, guys like yourselves should've been first to be re-allocated seats on the 50. Surely it couldn't have possibly been hard in any way? When you said you'd downgrade i remember reading this from woori_boy in another thread which hopefully they won't enforce "FYI-I spoke to the club and they told me there will be a $50.00 administration fee to change your seat-"in that area "- if unhappy with allocation !! Also if for some reason you decide you don't like the area you are allocated, and move to another part of the ground, scale down from say "Premier Club" to "Championship Club or General" there will be no refund for a lower cost ticket"

Good luck with sorting your seats out and i hope they accommodate you. Don't be taking no shit from them.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

$50 administration fee?!?!?

lima lima lima duck me! Looks like I'm staying put this year.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know it`s early days ( relatively speaking) but I`m starting to get worried about this. I organised memberships for myself and two others so I am the contact/ reference ( or whatever they called it). They have sent one of the guys his seat number but I haven`t heard about mine yet which seems odd when I organised them. I have just spoken to another friend of ours who bought a family membership and the wife has got her seat allocation but the husband and kids haven`t had notification of theirs. You wouldn`t think it would be too hard to send them out in groups when they were booked and payed for like that. If they muck these up I`m not going to be a happy Storm supporter.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

We got 3 families on a payment plan, and because one family hasn't paid their monthly payment, we ar eyet to receive our numbers...I'm annoyed!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hey there - long time lurker (we're talking years here), first time poster.  I figured I'd sign up so I can share my disappointment with the seating allocation.

I requested Bay 7 on level one.  Instead, I was allocated Bay 74 on level three - about a third of the way up.  This is despite being in the number two priority category (I was a reserved area member last year) and renewing my membership right on 9am the day they went on sale.  I realise Bay 74 is a decent spot (and I believe the seat allocated to me is right on the 40) but it's not what I wanted at all.  I figured the worst case scenario would be that I'd be pushed out to Bay 8.  I find it hard to believe they can't squeeze one single member into Bay 7 - or either of the bays on either side.  Surely with groups and families there'll be the odd seat spare.  I'll be on the phone to the membership department first thing Monday morning to try and sort something out - and if they think they can squeeze an administration fee out of me they're mistaken.
You had me at meat tornado.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If anyone isn't happy with their seating allocation and particularly if they have good reason to be annoyed
(ie: if they've been members last year and for many years) should definitely ring the club first thing Monday
and DEMAND they fix it, FREE OF CHARGE.

I can understand some people being moved half a bay over, maybe even a bay (depending on number of
members wanting to stick together) but there should be no reason why ANYONE should be moved any
further away from what they have had in previous years at Olympic Park. This is a much larger stadium!!
It seriously cannot be that hard to use the old seating plan and match it as close as possible to the new
one. In fact I know its not...

I seriously can't understand how a group can be moved from previous 50m line location to the 10m line OR
to request level 1 and get level 3. I fear these sorts of comments are just the tip of the ice berg though  :(
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just got off the phone with the membership department.  It turns out that Bay 7 is completely full - the woman I spoke to offered to hold my request to be moved in case someone else asked to be moved out of that area.  I asked her to check Bay 5 instead and she found a seat there - almost identical to where I wanted in Bay 7.  I'm quite happy with it now and there was no mention of an administration fee.  The woman seemed very friendly and she said she remembered my name from my renewal - which I found a little strange.  The whole thing was very easy.  If anyone else has any concerns with where they were allocated, give them a call - the impression I got was that they really want to make all members happy with this.
You had me at meat tornado.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

After Party keyring passes are in. Just got mine in the post. Personally I like the keyring, doesn't
seem cheap either. Arrived express post (not sure why given its of no use this week anyway)
and in a protective box.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hailstorm wrote: After Party keyring passes are in. Just got mine in the post. Personally I like the keyring, doesn't
seem cheap either. Arrived express post (not sure why given its of no use this week anyway)
and in a protective box.
And lots of people are still waiting for membership cards &/or tickets  :?

Etihad are already making their killing by charging max price for GA - hate to think what parking price will be  :-X