2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It sucks that only the premiers club members get to see the interstate games live....you would think that they could make a heap more money if they just let everyone come
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: It sucks that only the premiers club members get to see the interstate games live....you would think that they could make a heap more money if they just let everyone come
The way I read it, I think anyone can go, its just free to premium, sorry, "premiers club" members.
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Initially I'm not that pleased. We've had the same seats for 5 or 6 years now and they're great - 40 m line, eastern stand. Now to get the equivalent seat we'll have to pay for premier's club, @ an extra $100 per year. I was already paying $300 and whatever, so the extra $100 is significant.

Haven't been to the social club in many a moon so can't comment too much - but its seems a bit rich to ask for another $90 on top of the membership? JMHO though.

ETA - and the club will graciously allow us to change seats if we're unhappy (but only after the first home game) and there will be a small 'administration fee'. It might seem petty but to me that sucks! Like I haven't paid enough already?  :?
Last edited by minichick on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

minichick wrote: Initially I'm not that pleased. We've had the same seats for 5 or 6 years now and they're great - 40 m line, eastern stand. Now to get the equivalent seat we'll have to pay for premier's club, @ an extra $100 per year. I was already paying $300 and whatever, so the extra $100 is significant.

Haven't been to the social club in many a moon so can't comment too much - but its seems a bit rich to ask for another $90 on top of the membership? JMHO though.
Id suggest if you got the Champion club membership at the 40m you'll still be ALOT closer then you ever were at Olympic park. But maybe you want to be at ground level ?
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Posted by: Noa Nandruku
Insert Quote
Quote from: minichick on Today at 01:06:07 PM
Initially I'm not that pleased. We've had the same seats for 5 or 6 years now and they're great - 40 m line, eastern stand. Now to get the equivalent seat we'll have to pay for premier's club, @ an extra $100 per year. I was already paying $300 and whatever, so the extra $100 is significant.

Id suggest if you got the Champion club membership at the 40m you'll still be ALOT closer then you ever were at Olympic park. But maybe you want to be at ground level ?
Yep, I'd prefer to be at ground level Noa. Champion's or whatever its called now is what we've had for the last few years (AKA reserved seating, but not premium reserved). So to get my current or similar view seat I have to pay the extra $100 or I pay the same as before and get forced down to the 10/20 m line or right up into the top of the stand. So yeah, not that thrilled at the moment. Maybe the seats up the top will be awesome and I'll have to eat my words, but we'll just have to wait and see.....
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can someone tell me what the seats up high in the Western Stand cost? There doesn't appear to be a category for them.

Cheers
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

gothestorm wrote: Can someone tell me what the seats up high in the Western Stand cost? There doesn't appear to be a category for them.

Cheers
The Catergory is GFY and the cost is too much for you mole
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What is GFY?
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

GO F**K YOURSELF
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's not very nice especially since I helped get you guys a Premiership.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Helped what way?by supporting Manly :lol:
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can someone tell me what the seats up high in the Western Stand cost? There doesn't appear to be a category for them.

I am of the understanding that these seats will not be open at most home and away games.  These will only be open when there is meant to be more than 20,000 people at the ground.  The empty stand will not be seen on televison and it will save money on not opeing it.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Pity Mr Waldron will not be around to promote the new memberships and attain the 10,000 figure.

Going to be a battle now.

Good job we will be getting extra games on game day to watch.

Looking foreward to seeing the support we have in the lower ranks.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well its about what i predicted price wise.

Clain of a 40% saving being a member is just plain wrong - membership at 430 is $36 a game but tickets are $45 on day - thats only 22%!

Personally the thunder squad seems the best value given you get a flag, t shirt and cap though i do like center line seats. The $ isnt a problem for me but no way will i pay $90 a year for after party that is expensive especially with no real details of what you get for it. I was just about to spend $70 on the team premiership photo to frame but if you get the poster version free thats great :)

$20 to be able to buy a cap is a bit steep given the usual members cap are poor quality compared to 'regular' caps....
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Interesting that the broncos divide their memberships by benefit range and by area - you can buy a mid range membership in the best seat but not get the free origin ticket etc. Still their mid tier packages in good seats are 460 so we are competative.
Gold coast who have a comparable new stadium charge 186 for GA in the crappy corners, 250 for behind the sticks and a whopping 606 for premium seats...we are not doing badly, just got to get used to paying more for a better stadium (I guess if crowds increase costs may come down as well as prices - i guess AFL is cheaper as they spread the cost over larger attendances)
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "