2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The forum will be held before the cutoff date for reserved seating. The main benefit of the membership packs being sent before the forum is for those not looking for reserved seats or for those that are happy to take whatever they are allocated. Also, it gives members time to read the information pack before attending the forum. Originally the forum was meant to be an open day where members could go onsite and actually see the view from various seating locations, I doubt we'll be allowed onsite thanks to the delays with the stadium so I'm not sure what they'll do in that regard.

In the past the club has had a deadline to submit your membership renewal if you want to retain your existing reserved seat. This time around renewals/new applications will need to be in by a set date (which will be after the forum) along with your preference(s) if you are after a reserved seat. After that date has passed the club will allocate seating based on the priority level of members and preferences.

See the 2009 membership packs for a list of the priority order.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ill be getting my interstate one again :)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote: The forum will be held before the cutoff date for reserved seating. The main benefit of the membership packs being sent before the forum is for those not looking for reserved seats or for those that are happy to take whatever they are allocated. Also, it gives members time to read the information pack before attending the forum. Originally the forum was meant to be an open day where members could go onsite and actually see the view from various seating locations, I doubt we'll be allowed onsite thanks to the delays with the stadium so I'm not sure what they'll do in that regard.

In the past the club has had a deadline to submit your membership renewal if you want to retain your existing reserved seat. This time around renewals/new applications will need to be in by a set date (which will be after the forum) along with your preference(s) if you are after a reserved seat. After that date has passed the club will allocate seating based on the priority level of members and preferences.

See the 2009 membership packs for a list of the priority order.
Thanks Surandy..bit clearer now.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Latest email from the club confirms the time and date as being February 13th from 1pm to 3pm. Venue is confirmed as being at Hisense Arena.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All the details and info for memberships is up now on the Storm site.

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/registra ... OrgID=1953
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought that if you were a current member then you would be guaranteed a seat in the new stadium.

I am a General Admission member so therefore do I qualify for the Thunder Squad Membership Reserved Seating or just the Storm Spirit and Storm Country Membership with no reserved seats?

Cheers
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: I thought that if you were a current member then you would be guaranteed a seat in the new stadium.

I am a General Admission member so therefore do I qualify for the Thunder Squad Membership Reserved Seating or just the Storm Spirit and Storm Country Membership with no reserved seats?

Cheers
It depends on which membership you purchase this year. If you upgrade to a higher package, then yes, you will have a reserved seat.

I'm thinking of getting another GA membership this year (as I attend with a few non-members, and reserved seats are a bitch in that case) but my question is, can I do what I sometimes did in OP, and pay extra for to upgrade to a better seat for an individual game?

Had a quick flick through the membership PDF that was distributed, but I couldn't seem to find any information.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was a premium last year but not sure if I'll be in Melbourne much this year so may get a cheaper package just to support the team.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Temi, the FAQ section talked about that.  Upgrades will be available based on availablility.

Must say, i'm not overly surprised by the memberships, although with the seating plan, they are certainly trying to push people into premium memberships.  Might look like a strange crowd setup with the ends full and not much down the sides... hope i'm wrong!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon it's a bit rich people having to pay an additional $90 for the social club regardless of what membership you get. I mean if you're paying $300-$400 you'd reckon that'd be enough to get a SC ticket for "free".
Last edited by Ice on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: I reckon it's a bit rich people having to pay an additional $90 for the social club regardless of what membership you get. I mean if you're paying $300-$400 you'd reckon that'd be enough to get a SC ticket for "free".
Maybe it will allow the club to plan the event better. If you pay the $90 then its more likely that you will go, so the Storm can plan for that and probably put on a better event.
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry paying $90 each to attend the after match party means the we won't be, as an extra $360 is a bit steep - NOT HAPPY  :x :x :x :x
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Oh that is a shocker. $90 for social club?! Not happy at all!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not sure whether to stick with my Country 5 Game membership or upgrade. I am thinking abiut going to whole way and getting the Premiers Club, as I often just attend alone on the spur of the moment, but if I go with someone else I might not get value out of the reserved seat as I would feel obliged to sit with my friend.
Will probbaly stick to County 5, but I am disappointed there's no standing room.
Still it should be a great stadium.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote:

Maybe it will allow the club to plan the event better. If you pay the $90 then its more likely that you will go, so the Storm can plan for that and probably put on a better event.

Or maybe it's just a way of getting an extra $90 out of people. Call me a cynic if you like  :lol:

Either way i still think it's pretty average you still have to pay the extra when you're paying so much for a membership. Just my opinion of course.