Willie Mason to Storm?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well, i thought i was gunna be the first with this news. My boss from Sydney who played for Parra until a few years ago and would obviously have contacts up there, gave me a call this arvo and asked me what i thought of our new forward. I didnt believe him when he told me but everything he's told me so far has scrubbed up. Will wait and see, but he's convinced what he has heard is that Willy is moving south. Pretty much it was Finch's doing, or convincing, which ever way you want to look at it.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

OzHEDude wrote: Well, i thought i was gunna be the first with this news. My boss from Sydney who played for Parra until a few years ago and would obviously have contacts up there, gave me a call this arvo and asked me what i thought of our new forward. I didnt believe him when he told me but everything he's told me so far has scrubbed up. Will wait and see, but he's convinced what he has heard is that Willy is moving south. Pretty much it was Finch's doing, or convincing, which ever way you want to look at it.
Yeah there was a segment on Foxsports news tonight with Finch saying he's been talking to Willie and telling him what a great club Storm are  and  what a great place Melbourne is.
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote: Maybe a little respect for Mr Bellamy's decision making people....remember he isn't prone to making rash, poor, illogical, damaging and just plain dumb decisions for the Storm.

If he and the other coaching staff see something of value in Mason, then I am more than happy to trust their judgement on the matter.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion...but as a general rule, the Club has rarely let its self down with poor decisions on players (with the odd and intermittent exception)  8)
Very good point.  And were it hasn't worked they have handled it quickly and professionally. 

Just can't see it happening myself.  My understanding is that the Rooster have given Mason permission to speak to other clubs/codes so that they can pass on his salary commitement for next season if he signs elsewhere.  The only way he would come to us is on minimum salary like Finch did on the back of a pay out from his current club.  Don't think the Roosters are looking to do this.  If they have to pay him they may as well keep him.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Maybe a little respect for Mr Bellamy's decision making people....remember he isn't prone to making rash, poor, illogical, damaging and just plain dumb decisions for the Storm.

If he and the other coaching staff see something of value in Mason, then I am more than happy to trust their judgement on the matter.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion...but as a general rule, the Club has rarely let its self down with poor decisions on players (with the odd and intermittent exception)  Cool
And normally I'd agree with this - 'In Craig we trust' is my general mantra. However the last time I was this concerned about a player recruitment was Chris Walker and gee didn't that turn out well  :? So I maintain that Mason is an absolute twit and that I don't want him here. ADHD, I don't think so Willie - you just can't control yourself - moron.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chris Walker wasn't all that bad. He filled gaps in our side when injuries and Origin took their toll, and did an alright job. Mason, I'm hoping will be similar in that regard, although if Bellamy can get him playing near his best, then I can see a regular bench spot for him. I'm hoping that if he does come here, then our club culture will play a big part in turning his carreer around and playing football to the level where he once was.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I dont know guys I think he will have a really bad effect on our squad! he is a complete tool on and off the field..offcourse if he does sign for us I will give him a chance and give him the benfit of the doubt but I am getting a really bad feeling about him...he was the ring leader of the coffs habour incident and he is the sleasest person I have ever met... but I guess only time will tell what impact he will have for us...good or bad...
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

You can all rest quietly, Mason won't be at the Storm next year.
I heard Brian Waldron on 3AW 2 nights ago and he more or less said we could not afford him..
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

scriptyx wrote: I dont know guys I think he will have a really bad effect on our squad! he is a complete tool on and off the field..offcourse if he does sign for us I will give him a chance and give him the benfit of the doubt but I am getting a really bad feeling about him...he was the ring leader of the coffs habour incident and he is the sleasest person I have ever met... but I guess only time will tell what impact he will have for us...good or bad...
Just need to be a little careful with the Coffs Harbour thing...
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Thor19
Squall
Squall

agree re Coffs Habour incident.. my mail was that Anasta and Willie were at a pub in Coffs that night nowhere near the incident.
Anyway the names of the players went round years ago.. no Mason no El Masri no Anasta
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If we do sign him  ??....... i can only hope that he can re-capture some of that form he had when he was at the bulldogs..........fingers crossed...  :icon_frown:
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It would be great for Willie if he signs and I am sure it will be great for Storm.
He would lift and be a great player for Storm. Not saying he hasnt put in for his former clubs.

For all those who bring up previous incidents that he was supposed to be involved in. Well can u guys give the exact details coz it sounds like u hav been there and witnessed it live. Or u listen to all the press and believe everything u hear.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not every player demands publisticy when doing charity events either.
And Im sure he's done a few of those.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he isnt coming i asked finchy on friday he said he was going to japan
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Willie Mason is set to resurrect his NRL playing career with  Melbourne next season after agreeing to a two year deal with the premiers yesterday. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -lit4.html
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If,and a big if this is true it could be awesome. As much as a personality he can be a idiot his passiona nd skill is hard to dispute. He is the one foreward who I always fear a - risk yes but you don't win without taking risk risks. CB. Has not made a bad call yet on recycled players and I think its a great move
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "