2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Since The Storm office will be closed for the holidays we won't have any realistic membership figures until February  :?
I can understand the problems caused by delays to the stadium,but I think we've lost a great opportunity to cash in on the premiership win,(Christmas presents).
January/February are usually a financial drain,so paying for a sports membership would slip down the list for potential new members.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote: Since The Storm office will be closed for the holidays we won't have any realistic membership figures until February  :?
I can understand the problems caused by delays to the stadium,but I think we've lost a great opportunity to cash in on the premiership win,(Christmas presents).
January/February are usually a financial drain,so paying for a sports membership would slip down the list for potential new members.
While there's no way of knowing conclusively i don't think we'll miss out on a great deal of potential memebers (if any) from missed xmas presents. I mean how many people would have given a membership as an xams gift to someone who already isn't a member? It's not something you'd give to someone who never really had much interest in the game previously but the ones who have been members before who love the game or even ones who showed some interest and thought about getting a membership will still get one anyway.

You can say there's a financial drain in Jan/feb but to me there's much more of a financial drain leading up to xmas without having to find several hundred bucks to find for a membership for someone else let alone ourselves. I can't talk for everyone else but i and 6 other mates have been members since day dot like many of us here and the only time i've ever renewed before xmas was the very first year, otherwise it's in the new year regardless of when the member packs are sent out.

Like i said there's no conclusive way of knowing but i doubt very much we'd have missed out on many members at all. As mentioned the member packs will only be sent out to previos members next week anyway so i doubt there'd have been much potential for new members until they start advertising until the new year when i'm sure they'll target them. Besides there's no real point in any would could should'ves because the club had no choice anyway. How could they possibly send out the membership info when they didn't have it themselves?

It was totally unavoidable so there's no point in saying what might've been, it is what it is and regardless of that i have no doubt we'll end up with our highest membership in our history so it'll be even more of a non issue.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with Rat, we missed a golden opportunity.
Ice - I get your point, but my argument is that it wasn't 'totally unavoidable'.  The club has known for a long time that we would be in the new stadium next year - the packages haven't changed in the last couple of years to take into account the fact that there was a couple of games at Etihad, so I don't think they will this year either.
The only thing I can think of is the seating plan for the new stadium, and how they are categorising each area, but again, they would have had the seating plan for quite some time.
Don't get me wrong, I will just buy as soon as it's available, but I think this is a bit of a balls up.  IMO that is
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Got an update from the club in the mail today.

2010 Membership & New Stadium Forum will be held on Saturday February 13th from 1pm to 3pm somewhere within the Melbourne Olympic Park Precinct. Registration for attendance to be sent to membership@melbournestorm.com.au and needs to include name, member number (if applicable) and how many guests will be attending.

Memberships on sale from Early February with membership packs being sent out prior (so I'm guessing late Jan/early Feb).
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Some interesting news about memberships today - the stadium builder won't guarantee the seating plan until March at the earliest! Consider how hard it is to plan memberships etc when you don't know what the seating plan is!

There is also a cheersquad membership being finalised which will be seated at one of the ends of the ground. For a bit more than a general admin membership, you'll also get a reserved seat, cap, shirt and flag. It's designed to bring groups of fans together to get a larger more traditional cheer squad.

So... what's your thoughts?
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The chheersquad will be at the river end of the stadium
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The victory are already selling memberships for the new stadium and sent out this is seating plan to it's members today.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Buzz wrote: There is also a cheersquad membership being finalised which will be seated at one of the ends of the ground. For a bit more than a general admin membership, you'll also get a reserved seat, cap, shirt and flag. It's designed to bring groups of fans together to get a larger more traditional cheer squad.

So... what's your thoughts?
Erm ? Are we talking about an AFL style 'cheer squad'  ???
In accordance with AFL rules, the Cheer Squad areas at the football are strictly alcohol free.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cheersquad is a good idea, too bad u cant see shit from the end of the field
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

no it will be much better then a AFL cheersquad
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

don't worry nacho sitting at the end of the field will be better then sitting on the side at olympic
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: cheersquad is a good idea, too bad u cant see shit from the end of the field
??? We saw fine there for all our time at the Graveyard - For one half the team is running towards you  :lol:
And then there's the video screen.Just not too sure about regimented cheering  :?
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

The proposed area is not going to be dry (another area might be set aside for that).

Also currently proposed for the river end, but not set.

Total available membership cap of 675. Won't really be regimented cheering, but more a joining of current groups into a new tradition.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OK Buzz - Was basing my view on the 'trigger words'
"cap - shirt - flag - traditional cheer squad"  ;-)
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There are areas behind the goals that are "Restricted Views" Who the ##ck would build a stadium where some seats can't see the action??!!

Unbelievable.