Channel 9 - worst yet

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Channel None  :lol:  I like that one!

Because it sums up exactly how much FTA NRL coverage we here in Melbourne get at a decent hour, and how much regard they have for RL fans in Melbourne...

lima lima lima duck @rseholes 9 are, they can shove it right up their arse!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Their channel is RUBBISH anyway -  so I rigidly boycott them, and I encourage everyone I know to do likewise...

And I agree that Gould's & Rabbits' commentary was complete RUBBISH!!!! I felt sorry for Sterlo, because he seemed to carry those two morons - they just dribbled shit the whole time, but then I guess we've come to expect that :roll:

And to the Eels idiot with the drum outside Storm's hotel, and to all the arrogant Manly retards last year, and the anti-Melbourne brigade in the Sydney media - this PREMIERSHIP is dedicated to you. You played a big part in us winning this one! :thefinger:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

clock off
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

be sure to click on surandy's link & vote on the poll
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

disgraceful. that display, or lack of it, is an insult to all rugby league supporters in melbourne from sheer ignorance
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deplorable but predictable behavior by the official broadcaster. I rang em last night and gave em an earful!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We all know that had the Eels won the game, Channel Nein would have kicked back the news and played every minute of the presentation.

I was pissed to get home and find my recorder had missed the game (I got the first two but missed the GF ....) But I'll just hang out a bit and buy the DVD

Anyway - there was nothing like being there live and sharing in the win
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Good poll results so far, well over 90% of votes reckon that Nein should apologise to Storm fans for cutting the coverage straight after the siren.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's gotten to the point that unless people start de-programming channel 9 off their TVs, and making it known that they've done it, just venting anger when they do something utterly predictable is pale and inadequate.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

clock off wrote: be sure to click on surandy's link & vote on the poll
I've done that and also rang Ch.9 AGAIN.  I urge everyone of you to do the same asap

Phone No. 9429 0201

If we get enough people ringing in, they will eventually take notice.  Its called people power.
Last edited by CooperCronk on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

CooperCronk wrote:
clock off wrote: be sure to click on surandy's link & vote on the poll
I've done that and also rang Ch.9 AGAIN.  I urge everyone of you to do the same asap

Phone No. 9429 0201

If we get enough people ringing in, they will eventually take notice.  Its called people power.
Unfortunately I don't even think that would matter to them. They clearly don't give a f*** about us and the NRL obviously don't either.

I would love to know what we can do that WILL make a difference. Maybe contacting (nicely) the companies that advertise with ch9
through the NRL coverage asking them to pressure ch 9 somehow?

I loved it on The 7pm Project last night when they replayed ch9 news cutting to the Etihad event right after they had cut from the
grand final celebrations for the news with some guy in the background saying over and over "give us the coverage." (also as referred
to by Temi earlier in this thread). I just wish more had joined the guy in doing so. Ch Nein are wankers!!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Got into work this morning and (after everyone congratulated me on our win  ;-)) they were all complaining about the crap coverage by Nine.  They were also quite peeved and disgusted about the totally biased commentary.  This comes from people who aren't really into league but still know about Storm and would name them as their team.  They couldn't believe how badly Nine treated Storm in Melbourne. 
It really has shown many folk just how Nine regard Storm and it's about time something was done! 

No idea what or how but we need a plan guys.....nothing nasty as that will get us nowhere, people power is a great thing though, look at the return (well, two shows for now) of Hey Hey from one Facebook group.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

In a weird way, CH 9 with its poor decision to cut straight after the game, and its one eyed commentary did in an indirect way,  help to promote the Storm with  the us against them feeling  getting stronger after the game ,

It got alot of talkback on radio , and I guess the attention shows the interest level is increasing.

And another dig at the commentary, they sooked about the decsion late in the game when Billy dropped the ball and Moi Moi was penalised,

They claimed it was a poor decision because Billy dropped the ball and Moi Moi did'nt strip the ball,

The decision went against Moi Moi for hanging onto Billy's foot while  he was attempting to play the ball, the ref signalled that, it had nothing to do with a strip.

Poor un-informative commentary.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I still haven't seen a clear replay of that incident as yet, but I was certain that another Eels player (not Moi Moi) came through and knocked the ball out of Billy's hands with his knee/leg (thus not clearing the ruck properly).  But I know the ref has apparently come out and said it was for holding on too long...  ???
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The reffing was even handed for the whole game.Stuff was missed on both sides.It's just Sad,Bad,Biased & downright unprofessional that the commentators only saw fit to 'highlight' errors,(real or hoped for) by Storm  :roll:
Wonder how long it will be before Gus,(sorry - an 'anon' Parra fan) posts a You Tube vid showing how Melbourne Storm 'stole' the GF due to bad reffing  ;-)

And another thing,(rabbit mode)
The Salary Cap works !! But good clubs & coaching staff don't waste it on single player solutions & Great teams learn how to lift , communicate & perform as a TEAM.

In 1998 I made a small sign proclaiming Storm was a "dynasty under construction" - IT STILL IS Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Play the ball wrote: In a weird way, CH 9 with its poor decision to cut straight after the game, and its one eyed commentary did in an indirect way,  help to promote the Storm with  the us against them feeling  getting stronger after the game ,

It got alot of talkback on radio , and I guess the attention shows the interest level is increasing.
The issue of the commentary and the cutting of the coverage has polarised support in Melbourne. No-one cares about RL in Victoria? I think Channel Nein unequivocally just proved themselves wrong!!!