After party

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thought it was really well organised and was a blast last night. I went to the shambolic after party in 07 but not last year.
Thought last night's was bloody excellent.
Thoughts?
2012 premiers. Legit.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I was also at the shambolic after party in 07.  I didn't bother after that.  The club burned through an awful lot of goodwill that year.

(Oh, and I had to rush home down the Hume Highway to get some sleep and be in Canberra by 9:30 this morning for work)
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It was good.  Just would have LOVED if they had the game being replayed on the big screens (like they did in 07).  Great fun seeing and hearing everyone cheers the tries.

Band was on stage too long (not their fault) and the players not on stage long enough.  Not sure why the 'after party' is not quite the players' after party.  I understand they want to party with friends and family - but why dont we just all have one hell of a party together.

If its good enough for the end of season ball - not sure why its not good enough immediately after the GF....
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

They have learned from 07 mrpc. Everyone makes mistakes. That was a biggy. Last night was fantastic. Ample room, food and beverage outlets open, presented the Thunderbolts early, band played and then the main guys just after 10pm.
Then a horde of the purple army onto the train and into the night.
Was a really great night.
2012 premiers. Legit.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i thought 06 and 07 werent that bad actually...
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Diehard_Storm wrote: It was good.  Just would have LOVED if they had the game being replayed on the big screens (like they did in 07).  Great fun seeing and hearing everyone cheers the tries.

Band was on stage too long (not their fault) and the players not on stage long enough.  Not sure why the 'after party' is not quite the players' after party.  I understand they want to party with friends and family - but why dont we just all have one hell of a party together.

If its good enough for the end of season ball - not sure why its not good enough immediately after the GF....

Agree that the band played too long and the players really needed to be on stage 30 minutes earlier. Other than that, I won't complain.
Still haven't seen the game on TV and am hanging out for the DVD to hit Rebel Sport this week.
2012 premiers. Legit.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: i thought 06 and 07 werent that bad actually...
At the 07 party there were more people waiting outside in the stairwell than there were in the function room.  Those who left at kickoff and thus were at the front of the queue got in, and those who waited around for the lap of honour before walking over to the function were left standing outside for hours.  It was a complete and total disgrace that the club will never live down.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote:
At the 07 party there were more people waiting outside in the stairwell than there were in the function room.  Those who left at kickoff and thus were at the front of the queue got in, and those who waited around for the lap of honour before walking over to the function were left standing outside for hours.  It was a complete and total disgrace that the club will never live down.
i waited for the lap of honour. said that i was staying at the hotel showed them some random room key from another hotel then i went to the lifts, went to the first floor and got off near the toilets and sstraight into the afterparty
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I waited for the lap and presentation in 07 and got straight into the after party. The only problem I had was hat was that 2 of my friends got in on my membership card despite not being members themselves. It was poorly organised in 07. In fact it was organised at all.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote:
Never.

Im sure 50 years no-one will give toss.

Except for you  ;D.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great night... although the beer flowed a little too freely!!!  :lol:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

had an absolute ball at the after party..  What a night!!

Premiers 09...  has a great ring to it!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I "forgot" my wife had stopped drinking by the time we goy there, so for about 4 trips I had to drink 2 beers at once  8)........ :puke:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was another that was caught in the 07 shambles that was the after party. A couple of us did get in but a few o0f the other boys got stuck outside after thehy stopped taking people in so the 2 of us that did get in didn't stay. Anyway.........had a great night this year at the after party and had a ball. Was pretty surprised they were serving stubbies instead of pouring them into plastic cups but we weren't complaining  ;-)

It would've been nice to have the boys stay a bit longer but that's how it goes. It was also great to see the under 20's boys up there, they were having a great old time up on stage lapping up the attention which was very much deserved. Anyone notice what time it finished up? Considering the game, the beers and the celebrations afterwards i had no idea what the hell time it was  :lol:
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to my phone camera, I took the last of my pics at 10.28pm when the players were just leaving the stage.
The train ride back to Central Station was good (except for having to change trains) with the whole train heaving with the purple army.
2012 premiers. Legit.