Did anyone else notice GI kiss the Storm logo on his jersey ?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After intercepting the Thaiday pass and sprinting 80m to score under the black dot...GI definitely pulled his jersey up at the Storm logo on his chest and kissed it.

What a sensational image...obviously the jersey, his teammates, the club mean a whole lot more to the great man than many of us could ever realise.

It's that sort of committment and pride and loyalty that may well win Storm a GF.

Fortius Quo Fidelius..............................STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
It's that sort of committment and pride and loyalty that may well win Storm a GF..
i think u hit it on the head

the boys are all playing for each other and that jersey is what brings them together as a unit.

it was a great sight to see the big man in full flight then kiss his jersey
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I missed the try. I was getting one of those great-value $9 bourbons ( :roll:). Saw it on TV this morning. Still haven't seen him kiss the jersey, but awesome that he did. Why is it that you can only buy light beer at that stadium, but yet load up on spirits and wine?
Last edited by tugga on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 premiers. Legit.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

tugga wrote: I missed the try. I was getting one of those great-value $9 bourbons ( :roll:). Saw it on TV this morning. Still haven't seen him kiss the jersey, but awesome that he did. Why is it that you can only buy light beer at that stadium, but yet load up on spirits and wine?
Got me buggered how people will stand in line for overpriced alcohol while a game is being played ... I choose to drink before and after ... game time is game time.

For what it's worth, I still rank Ryan Tandy's kiss on GI to be more spectacular ... nuthin like a bit of man-love in the team  :P
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i thought he kised his finger...but either way i agree.  :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

kissed his finger and waved it at the crowd as he came in on the flight path and then after he had landed and he was on his feet and the team mobbed him...he pinched at his jersey and pulled up the Storm logo and kissed it.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ah cool. missed that part. He does look alot more confident then he has all year...which is awesome to see.

Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Awesome stuff...anyone find a pic of it?

Really love the way he has comeback into this team after all that crap went down. 
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

kissing his finger:

Adstar
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Super Cronk wrote: Ah cool. missed that part. He does look alot more confident then he has all year...which is awesome to see.
Not only does GI look more at home, but the rest of the boys look so much more committed to bringing back the silverware to Melbourne
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Agree totally. They look happy, settled and determined.

Im sure the boys will do us proud. Win or lose im still very proud of em.

bruce
Squall
Squall

call me strange but i think those 2 weeks off with legal issues really did some good...cleared his head and has come back a better player
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bruce wrote: call me strange but i think those 2 weeks off with legal issues really did some good...cleared his head and has come back a better player
Probably has a little bit to do with it but probably more him coming back coincided with our change in attacking structure. Im sure Finch would have brought up the fact in the meeting they had after the Manly game, that we dont get enough quality ball to him like he gets for Queensland.

That problem has now been solved.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote: kissed his finger and waved it at the crowd as he came in on the flight path and then after he had landed and he was on his feet and the team mobbed him...he pinched at his jersey and pulled up the Storm logo and kissed it.
A lot of soccer players do this (putting his finger to his mouth) , its a gesture to the opposition and supporters to *keep it quiet that he got another try* :lol:

I just loved watching GI pinching his jersey and kissing the Storm logo after that though.

I actually think that  those legal issues made him realise how important it was for him to be playing for the club, and it certainly changed his attitude because they were so supportitive towards him and Sally at the time.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there is the world football "ssshhh" that you talk about...however with the photo above I think you'll find he kissed his fingers and held them up to someone in the stand (sorta like blowinga kiss their way as in a recognition of some sort).

It was GI kissing the Storm logo on his jersey that sent shivers up my spine......the most awesome player in the world consistently for the last 3 years and here he was feeling humbled to be wearing the Storm jersey.

I wanna watch every minute of the great man because it's gonna be so traumatic the day he isn't in a Storm jersey anymore