Greg Inglis arrested over assault

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Do you think Greg Inglis Will be Sacked?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 32
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why attack him then Super??  He asked a fair question in response to people saying they weren't surprised GI has allegedly bashed his girlfriend... straight forward, simple question and all it required was an answer, which you did fine until the last sentence. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

My sarcasm radar is pretty fine tuned....bullets was being narky. but in any case the insulting word is removed.  :o
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cheers mate, this thread was just denegrating into a snipe-fest, and didn't need to IMO
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Bullets wrote: What? people have said in here that they were not surprised or saw this coming. Why? Does GI really look that bad?
You really have no idea do you?  Looks do not indicate the sort of person you are!!  Bloody shallow reasoning if you really think that is the case.
I think your swinging at shadows Tigger. Bullets was only ever asking for a response to Coupy saying he's not suprised about Inglis.
\

When I said I was surprised I didn't mean I thought that GI would ever have done such a thing or even be capable and I was not trying to dirty  the caracter of the guy as I have never meet him, so do not  know what sort of person he is. These are only my thoughts but, when the accusations of drug taking in the origin series came up I thought 'is ingliss involved' plus the alleged incident earlier this year.
Once again I do not know the guy  personally or have any facts about what has or hasn't gone on except that he has, been and still is a fantastic asset to the Storm on the football field . I only get a feel for Greg watching him from the seats at olympic park. But I was not initially surprised when heard the news, although, as I said I was shocked, and comend the storm managment for their actions. I hope when the truth comes out if he can, he will return to the Storm and play for us for many years to come
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Been in an almost NRL free zone for 3 days,(Swan Hill) but LOTS of people had derogatory things about RL & the Storm thanks to the Inglis story.Suspended by Storm till after the case is heard - GOOD. Contract torn up if case proven - DEFINITELY.

Anyone who didn't see something about Inglis hitting the fan eventually has been turning a blind eye to the attitude he's displayed since becoming a Mundine circus associate.
YES I know he is supposed to be doing great things for his cousin ? & for the indigenous kids in general,but so did Mundine right.

Bottom line ? Innocent until proven guilty but.....................THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR HITTING A WOMAN !

As for this being a fatal blow for Storm's season - GIVE ME A BREAK !!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis will not have his contract torn up, if that is the case then it would make the NRL the biggest hypocrites.

Example: Anthony Cherrington from the Roosters glassed and assaulted his girlfriend in January last year. He escaped jail term by a whisker and was looking at a jail term of 8 years max. He however was slapped with 180 community services hours and was supported by both the NRL and his club, now he arrived back about 6 weeks ago and features regularly in the first grade team.

If Inglis is hung out to dry then F the NRL. I've been there with Arana and I wish Greg all the best.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Innocent until proven guilty ? He must be guilty they have suspended him straight away which in my eyes means guilty
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote: If Inglis is hung out to dry then F the NRL. I've been there with Arana and I wish Greg all the best.
Unfortunately, the difference in this case is that Greg is a high-profile player. They will almost certainly be keen to make an example of him.
BIG JIM wrote: Innocent until proven guilty ? He must be guilty they have suspended him straight away which in my eyes means guilty
The only reason why he has been suspended is because of his arrest. Both Storm and the NRL need to be seen to be taking action - it's damage control at it's best.

It certainly does not infer guilt - remember, the only people qualified to make that judgement call are judges, magistrates, or jurors.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

What some people are not understanding from MY comments is that you can NOT tell if someone is a wife/girlfriend beater from their looks!! 
That is why I think some comments here are bloody ridiculous.  The way someone looks has no bearing on whether they are of good character!
That is all I have to say!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

BIG JIM wrote: Innocent until proven guilty ? He must be guilty they have suspended him straight away which in my eyes means guilty
Well this is my vote for dumbest post os far.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Or maybe they're taking the responsible approach, and waiting to see what the situation is...
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
the butcher
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If found guilty I wonder how the likes of Billy, Cam, DJ would feel about playing with him?
VIC
Squall
Squall

"Innocent until proven guilty ? He must be guilty they have suspended him straight away which in my eyes means guilty"

How f&ckin DUMB is this comment??? Common sense knows that it's all about perception. The Storm and the NRL had to be seen that that they were condemning any form of domestic violence and so immediate suspension was the only option! Unfortunately, domestic violence is a sad reality of life. It's everywhere in society, and always has been. This year the NRL has seen more than it's fair share of bad news. However, these problems are also found in other sports codes and in every section of society.

The reality is that Greg Inglis didn't make the news for what he did, as there are thousands of assault cases every year and not many make the news. Greg only made the news for who he is.

And he's another thought - Would a carpenter / truck-driver / accountant / butcher / sales rep etc lose their jobs if they had assaulted their wives? I believe that whatever happened with Greg and his partner is a PRIVATE matter. It should not be anyone's business!!

But I guess, it's this sort of news that the media wants to sell papers etc........
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I believe that whatever happened with Greg and his partner is a PRIVATE matter. It should not be anyone's business!!
'fraid not. He is alleged to have done something illegal & his public profile puts him in the same scrutiny class as.
actors - musicians - politicians - nobility - other high profile sports persons.
Everything negative that they say & do has a huge flow on effect for their respective organisations & in sports cases a massive monetary risk via sponsorship loss,etc
VIC
Squall
Squall

Sorry it is a PRIVATE matter. It's only because of the f&ckin media that the matter is no longer private!

We have no right to know - and that's a fact!